SUMMARY OF EXPERIENCE
- Master’s Degree in Computer Science with emphasis on computer security
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mathematics and Computer science
- Over 30 years of experience with a variety of computer languages, operating systems, file systems, applications, and databases, both old and new,
- Operations systems: Windows, DOS, iOS, Android
- File systems: NTFS, FAT, HFS+, EXT4
- Databases: SQL, XML, dBaseIII, DataFlex
- Applications: Microsoft Office and Adobe applications (Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Access, Photoshop, Acrobat, InDesign, Dreamweaver)
- Internationally known 3-D animator
- More than 30 books on animation, animation techniques, and standards
- College-level content developer in topics including Cryptography and Mobile Forensics
- Technical writer for a variety of projects including user manuals and programming guides:
- Canon printers – User manuals
- Arco Mini Mart point-of-sale and inventory system – User manuals
- Autodesk – Software manuals and programming guides
- Microsemi semiconductors – Programming guides
- Green Dot Bank – API integration guides
- Applied penetration testing experience
2017 to Present Electronic Evidence Retrieval, L.L.C, Senior Security and Forensic Specialist
2015 to 2017 Boston University, Course Content Development Assistant (Cryptography, Mobile Forensics, & Discrete Mathematics)
2014 to 2016 Chaos Group, Technical Writer (V-Ray and Phoenix FD, advanced CG and VFX software for PC and Mac)
2007 to 2013 TurboSquid, Chief 3D Modeling Standards Developer
2002 to 2004 Autodesk, Senior Technical Writer
1990 to Present Independent Animator, Video Producer and Instructor, USA, Europe, Australia, Russia
- Production Artist, Australian Broadcasting Corporation, Sydney, Australia, and Autodesk, Inc. San Rafael, CA.
- Taught 3D modeling and animation at numerous institutions including New England Institute of Art, ITT Tech, Art Institutes of Boston and San Francisco.
- Produced documentary series 3Ds Around the World, interviewing artists from Europe, Australia, Russia. Portions appeared on PBS.
1985 to 1990 The Software Works (Glendale, CA), Software Designer and Developer for database accounting systems
MS Computer Science Boston University, 2016 (Focus on Security)
Cybrary, Penetration Testing, 2017
BA, Faculty Program in Mathematics & Computer Science, McGill University, 1983
- Autocad 3D Design and Presentation, with Jeff Hester, New Riders Press, Aug 1991.
- Glass & Reflection, 3D Studio Tips & Tricks Series, with Glenn Melenhorst, Delmar Thomson Learning, Jan 1994.
- Technical Tips, 3D Studio Tips & Tricks Series, Delmar Thomson Learning, Jan 1994.
- Morphing & Animation, 3D Studio Tips & Tricks Series, with Glenn Melenhorst, Delmar Thomson Learning, Jan 1994.
- Animals and People, 3D Studio Tips & Tricks Series, Delmar Publishers, Nov 1994.
- Shaping and Lofting, 3D Studio Tips & Tricks Series, Delmar Learning, with Glenn Melenhorst, Dec 1995.
- Materials & Lighting, 3D Studio Tips & Tricks Series, Delmar Publishers, Jan 1995.
- Linking AutoCAD to 3D Studio Release 3 For Architecture, Autodesk Press, with Jon McIver and Daniel Douglas, Apr 1996.
- 3D Studio MAX: Tutorials from the Masters, Delmar Cengage Learning, Dec 1996.
- Linking AutoCAD to 3D Studio Release 2 for Architecture, Autodesk Press, Jul 1996.
- 3D Studio MAX 2.0 Quick Reference, Delmar Cengage Learning, Feb 1998.
- Harnessing 3D Studio MAX Release 3, Delmar Cengage Learning, Mar 2000.
- Animation with Character Studio 3, Many Worlds Productions, Nov 2000.
- Learning Character Studio R2, Many Worlds Productions, Sep 2000.
- Mastering the Art of Production with 3ds max 4, with Jason Busby, Delmar Cengage Learning, Oct 2001.
- 3D Studio MAX 4 Quick Reference, Autodesk Press, Sep 2001.
- Character Studio Version Three Fundamentals Courseware, with Pia Maffei, Doug Barnard, Jon Jordan, Sean Miller, and Amer Yassine, Discreet Division, Autodesk, Inc., 2001.
- The Little Book of Low Poly Modeling with 3ds max 4, Many Worlds Productions, May 2002.
- Harnessing 3ds max 5, with Aaron Ross, Autodesk Press, Apr 2003.
- Model, Rig, Animate! with 3ds max 6, Many Worlds Productions, Nov 2003.
- Fundamentals and Beyond Character Studio 4 Discreet, with Pia Maffei, Al Howe, Doug Barnard, Jon Jordan, Sean Miller, and Amer Yassine, Unreal Pictures, Inc., 2003.
- Model, Rig, Animate! with 3ds max 7, New Riders Press, Feb 2005.
- Harnessing 3ds Max 8, Autodesk Press, with Aaron Ross, Apr 2006.
- 3ds Max Animation with Biped, New Riders Press, with Michael McCarthy, Mar 2006.
- Advanced Animation for Characters, with Michael McCarthy, George Maestri, Danny Riddell, Morgan Robinson, and Nathaniel Stein, Pearson Custom Publishing, 2006.
- How to Cheat in 3ds Max 2009, How to Cheat, Focal Press, Apr 2008.
- How to Cheat in 3ds Max 2010, How to Cheat, Focal Press, Aug 2009.
- 3ds Max 2010 Architectural Visualization – Advanced to Expert, with Tom Hudson (Foreword), CGschool (formerly 3DATS), Darren Brooker, Markus Boos, Ernest Burden, Leigh van der Byl, Todd Daniele, Gary Davis, Pete Draper, and Lukas Dubeda, 3DATS, 2009.
- How to Cheat in 3ds Max 2011, How to Cheat, Focal Press, Jun 2010.
- Physics for Animators, Focal Press, Dec 2015.
“Standards in Stock 3D Models,” Proceedings: SIGGRAPH ’11 ACM SIGGRAPH Studio Talks 2011. (Paper available at http://dl.acm.org/citation.cfm?id=2037704, portion at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=000c_kIMCQI.)
“Standards for 3D models: Case Study,” Proceedings: SA ’11 SIGGRAPH Asia 2011 Posters. (Poster available at http://dl.acm.org/citation.cfm?id=2073342).
“CheckMate: 3D Modeling Standards for Today’s Pipelines,” VIEW 2011. (Conference listing at http://viewconference.it/e2011/?p=4631, portion of presentation at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jR7q28oxFv4.)
“CheckMate: 3D Modeling Standards for Today’s Pipelines,” Imagina 2012. (Conference and website now defunct. Formerly available athttp://www.imagina.mc/2012/content/Home/homeUK.php.)
American Society of Digital Forensics and eDiscovery, Member
NOLASec, local group for computer security professionals, Member